Existing Situation :
- Lack of information to the citizens for self checks
- Limited availability of delivery channels and availability of facilities or services for limited periods.
- Citizens physically visit the municipalities several times to obtain, submit and check status for the application.
- No facilities for Online Fee calculation / Payment
- No readily available historical data/ MIS given the accurate and updated information
- Non integration with accounts department delays the process of reconciliation and generation of the financial statements process.
Building & Layout Plan Approval System Overview
The Building & Plan approval process can be divided into following sub-processes:
- Approval of building proposals of various types and nature of buildings
- Approval of layout proposals
- Processing and disposal of plans
- Calculation and collection of fees
“Building Plan Approval System” a must have tool for developing smart cities
Building Plan Approval System (BPAS) one of the components of a Smart City has the ability to provide single window for acquiring building permits, NOC’s and clearances from multiple agencies.
The unique features of BPAS are:
- Building Plan Approval System reads CAD drawing and produces scrutiny reports in a few minutes, mapping all the development control rules of the Authority to the drawing entities.
- Building Plan Approval System automates the lengthy and cumbersome manual process of checking the development regulations, thus reducing paper work, valuable time and effort of Architects and the Authority.
- Building Plan Approval System helps in attaining the e-Governance by maintaining digitized versions of the documents.
- The Approval System standardizes the building drawing plan process
- Building Plan Approval System architects submit the plan on a CD by putting the basic data of a proposal on a ‘Single’ window
- Building Plan Approval System after initial scrutiny of the documents, a date for site visit of the building inspector or concerned officer is notified to Architects and concerned Building Inspectors via SMS.
- BPAMS supports Palm interface whereby the visiting building inspector or officer at site will capture site visit report along with photograph on a PDA device.
- Ownership, NOC and other documents related to plan approval are scrutinized in BPAMS
- Building Plan Approval System gives control to AutoDCR for drawing based scrutiny
- Final Scrutiny reports and MIS reports are generated and published
- Uniformity and Compliance – The approval system is based on uniform interpretation of development control rules bringing in uniformity and compliance.
- Acceleration – Accelerates scrutiny process by eliminating lengthy and cumbersome computations.
- Process Innovation & Integration – Transformation of scrutiny and approval of plans through CAD and workflow technology brings in innovation in the process. All stakeholders concerned in the approval process are brought together on a single platform.
- Accountability – Authorized roles and responsibilities are mapped and MIS reports are generated to help track process efficiency.
- Transparency – Subjectivity in the plan approval process is totally eliminated and clear reasons are stated for approval or rejections.