MCGM is one of the biggest local governments in INDIA as well as in the Asian continent. In 1882 as India’s first Municipal Corporation from the time of establishment, MCGM worked closely to provide benefits to Indian citizens.
MCGM has a ‘Planning department and prepared a Development plan’ (DP) for Mumbai keeping its fast growing pace till year 2034. The DRAFT DP plan for 2034 which was facing issues in terms of generation of remarks to citizens, related to the deployment and use of existing GIS technology, which were leading to poor citizen services. It required a simplified using Web GIS application for DP Remarks generation with minimal efforts.
Scope of the project was to implement enterprise Internet GIS Services for Planning Department for users in an intranet and internet environment which enable organisation to improve the quality of its services.
The purpose of this Web GIS application services is to cater:
- a) The Grid computing application is used to generate Development Plan report for a selected property.
- b) To provide an easy-to-use software tool to the citizens of Mumbai to submit comments/objections on the 2034 Draft Development Plan.
- c) To search and process comments and schedule them for hearing.
- d) Get the records of developmental plans remarks regarding plot or road network which are completely ruled by MCGM cartographic division.
The main objective of the GIS Web portal project was to enable department to involve citizen for their own remarks and suggestion or objections on the implementation of Development Plan 2034.
ADCC INFOCAD LTD implemented an ARC GIS server based application for Planning Department user in an internet environment. ADCC provided a solution based Web GIS Application which is required authorized login of MCGM user. There is no need of skilled manpower and ARC GIS knowledge. Authorized users can login the GIS Web services application and generate DP remarks within few seconds. There are few challenges like DP Generation PDF with appropriate scale and report in document format. One more key feature of the Internet GIS Services application is to calculate cost of Reports to citizen. But ADCC INFOCAD LTD created an Web GIS application which resolves all issues with improved quality compare to earlier reports generated by users.
- Improved the productivity of DP Department staff.
- Tracking of DP remarks made easy and can be maintained through application
- Accurate fee cost can be calculated through the application.
- Accurate documents in terms of any reservation can be generated
- Authorized user can generate DP remarks (PDF& DOC) within few minutes.
- Create MIS reports which contains date wise, ward wise, village wise Reports on request.
- Generate user based report to track their performance.
- User can access the application through internet with authorized login.
- No need of Skilled Manpower & Technical knowledge of ARC GIS.
- Make GIS Data Management, editing and handling more efficient.
- Serve citizen within stipulated time frame provide by state government.
- Citizens can easily access and view development plan.
- Citizens can comment, suggest on development plan.
- They can support their comments by uploading relevant documents for MCGM to peruse.
- They can comment on public aspect of development plan.
A transparent mechanism has been established for citizen to participate in Development plan 2034.