Bhadrawati Municipal Council is implementing 100% metering for the entire Bhadrawati city for converting intermediate water supply to 24X7 pressurized water supply to each and every house hold. The objective of metering is to measure the volume of water used by residential as well as commercial buildings so as to charge customer in proportion the amount of water they use. Secondly it will be fair to all consumers as the meter will record specific usage and will encourage them to conserve water.
Supply, installation & commissioning of domestic consumer water meters and House Service Connections.
- Staff Mobilize & GIS base consumer mapping
- Main water distribution pipeline survey
- Zone wise House Service Connections shifting using ferrule and installed ball valve, consumer meter, protection box etc.
- Filled HSC + Meter installation report with phonographs using Survey123 App. on tab.
- Data integration and GIS base map preparation.
Benefit to client
- Reduced the extra use of water.
- Maintain an equitable pressure throughout the town.
- Improved the revenue collection through shifting the consumer connection and metering.
- Increased the demand for new connection which in return has increased the revenue
- The entire GIS database related to water supply is in one place and can be updated at any point of time. All the consumers are now uniquely numbered and same reference can be used for further monitoring work.
- Thematic maps and GIS data prepared with this project can help to take necessary decisions at higher authority levels and for other schemes like sewerage, railways, land authority etc.
- Reduction of Non-Revenue Water (NRW).
Ceinsys team had visited the site and interviewed some of the consumers. It came to know that initially consumers had a small pit in their compound which was approx. 2 feet deep and daily the consumers had to step down in the pit as the water pressure was available at that depth only.
Post our HSC and metering implementation as each house hold started to use limited water and started to on/off the valve every consumer got equitable water pressure which resulted in to seal the pit and get the water with ease at the ground level.
Key Team members
- Pravin Jagtap
- Sanjay Ghormade