Smart Energy has been a significant intangible standard for future energy use. Since limited non-renewable energy resources are available on Earth and also high costs of obtaining renewable energies (REs), how to make use of energy in a more efficient manner is more crucial for future social and economic developments.
Reforms within the power sector in India have been going on for more than a decade. At first the focus was on bringing about structural changes like unbundling of the state electricity boards (SEBs) and the creation of independent generation, transmission and distribution companies. Consequently, today, power generation and efficient consumption along with saving has become the focus. However, recently, it has been recognized that power distribution is the weakest link in the entire energy value chain, and that sustainable development and economic feasibility of the power sector is not possible unless electricity distribution issues are resolved.
Installation and commissioning of AMR system on HT, feeder, COP and DT in Nashik, Kolhapur and Ichalkaranji Town in MSEDCL.
- Ability to detect tamper events and outage occurrences.
- Calculate transformer loading and sizing from interval data.
- 15 minute interval data gives accurate load information for supply scheduling, switching operations, planning.
- Monitor voltage at each premise to know conditions when to operate capacitor switches or regulators.
- Consistent and granular data for improved accuracy.
Usage of GIS based Services
Meter Data Acquisition system
- Communication with the meter is bidirectional which is done using GPRS.
- Meters at the HT/LT/Feeder & COP consumer’s end will be interfaced to a modem/AMR which will collect the data & convert it to a common data structure thereby sending it to the MDA server.
- Since, all meters are designed differently, they follow different standards of communication, hence protocol API communicates with the meter in a well-defined sequence script.
The protocol conversation between any the Modem and the meter will involve the following basic steps.
- Identifying each other – in case of meter, the Meter- ID is sent
- Upon successful identification, queries are sent in a sequence dependent on the meter model and make with different structure.
- In some cases, multiple queries may have to be sent for fetching data
- The data received will be in an encrypted form and the same has to be converted in decimal understandable / readable form. This conversation is also different for different make of the meter.
|Town||Installed Modem As Per Scope|
Integration of Modems in 3 Town with Different Makes of Meter:
Benefits of AMR:
- Smart automated processes instead of manual work.
- Accurate information from the network load to optimise maintenance and investments.
- Customized rates and billing dates.
- Streamlined high bill investigations.
- Detection of tampering of Meters.
- Accurate measurement of transmission losses.
- Better network performance and cost efficiency.
- Demand and distribution management.
- More intelligence to business planning.
- Better company credibility.
CUSTOMER: Maharashtra state Electricity and Distribution Company Ltd.