Ceinsys Tech was awarded with the project of Water Supply Reforms under Maharashtra Sujal Nirmal Abhiyan Program and designed a Non-Revenue Water supply system, which was a GIS based hydraulic model for Augmentation.
The Project to be carried out in 3 phases
Phase 1 (Successfully done) – Non-Revenue Water Management & Reforms covering Consumer Survey, GIS Mapping, Hydraulic Modelling, with short & long Scheme Augmentation
Phase 2 (In-Process) – Creating a Non-Revenue Water Supply Scheme Augmentation – Metering and Service connection, NRW Reduction
Phase 3 (Planning Stage) – Execution – Smart Water Billing System, SCADA, 24×7 Water supply operation, Water Network management & Optimization
Future Plans – Sewerage Systems, Road Network
- Reforms taken – Programs were conducted to make the consumers aware about the importance of surveys, billing systems, installation of water meters.
- Lane and areas was survey was done to check for the pipeline network and to check if the present network is reaching to every consumer or not.
- Consumer meters are not installed in city hence all the consumers are billed as Unmetered Consumer on flat rate billing basis.
- Wastage of water is high as consumers didn’t close taps.
- Proper Water Distribution Network was not available.
- Identified physical & revenue losses in system.
- There is no system for measuring non-revenue water.
Pre-requisites of the project
- Consumer Survey – Consumer survey population, ward wise population, bifurcation of institutional data.
- GIS Data – Complete Water Network management & Optimization, Land base of particular Location with layers like Building, Road Network, Rail Network, Hydrology etc. AOI (area of interest), Administrative Boundary such as Ward, Prabhag and Development boundary.
- 5 decades census details.
- Total number of pumps
- Details of the overall tanks in the area.
- Other data related to on-going schemes, proposed schemes if any.
Necessity of Consumer Survey
- Details of consumption (demand) of water by different beneficiaries.
- Identify NRC (Non-Registerd) connections.
- Revenue can be increased by converting NRC into legal connections.
- Determine the perception of water services received.
- Provide information to improve the efficiency and financial performance of the water distribution system.
- Identify Issues relating to payment for service
Necessity Of Hydraulic Modelling
- To convert existing intermittent water supply system into 24 x7 water supplies, with minimum supply @ 135 lpcd at desired pressure. (As per the MoUD norms)
- Optimization of existing infrastructure (storages, transmission and distribution network etc.) for prospective demand.
- Suggest proposed system for equitable distribution of water & meet prospective demand at desired pressure.
- Operation and maintenance cost can be minimized.
- Capability of existing system can be increased.
MSNA is an activity oriented program in which measurements in terms of savings (water, energy consumption, expenditure, monthly billing) for 30 years design period by converting existing intermittent water supply system into 24×7 water supplies @135lpcd at desire pressure with 100% coverage, metering and monthly billing.
Solution offered by CEINSYS
- GIS based study of existing water supply system and analysis using international standard design software. GIS based Hydraulic Modelling of the entire water network system.
- Proposed new network pipelines in areas where there was no network to cater the demand of future population.
- Checked capacities of exiting WTP and Tanks.
- House Service Connection was provided to each house as it ensured 100% leak -proof capacity saving enormous quantity of water. Replacing of all House service connections (HSC) which are main sources of leakages in Water Distribution system (D/S)
- Water meters were provided to charge the customer in proportion for the amount of water they use.
- CEINSYS also designed a App that helped maintain transparency. It includes all the consumer details and materials used for metering system and photo of the place where the meters were installed.
- Arc GIS helped to create the data for the decision making in the actual design process.
- Bentley WaterGems was used in hydraulic modeling for demand estimation, demarcation and modeling of proposed pipeline networks.
- Cadastral maps, city surveys and Khasara maps were superimposed with the actual development plan enabling the city to forecast population and demand.
- AutoCAD map software helps to create attribute tables.
- Use of flow diagrams & Key plans
Results of the Project
- Updated water networks, assets and indexing of consumers, which have been commissioned after the MSNA survey or which were missed out from the survey.
- Designing of a sustainable and economical water supply network for next 30 years.
- Bulk water meters for raw & pure water along with Consumer Meters were installed successfully. Total Meters installed = 2600 and further requirement of meters is of 6000 (approx.).
- As House Service connections were provided to every house 100% piped water was made available to each consumer.
- Leakages were minimised through these connections.
- This increased Revenue as well as Awareness amongst the local for proper usage of water.
- Water meters helped in monitoring the water usage.
- All the existing consumers are now linked with GIS map.
- GIS Data will be available on single window and will be updated on continuous basis.
- All existing and upcoming water assets will be mapped accurately.
- Monthly MIS can be generated which acts as a tool for effective decision making.