Manage and implement the GIS based Tree Census Management System to oversee the tree cutting permissions and monitoring the tree cover in the city. The PCMC is covering an area of 177 Sq. Km and is divided into 64 electoral wards or tree zones.
Location: Pimpri Chinchwad Municipal Corporation (PCMC), Maharashtra
- Development of web based and mobile based applications to capture data seamlessly and publish on GIS Server.
- Create a Digital library (database) of tree details like common name, botanical name, flowering season,, native/exotic, tree photo and carbon sequestration rate etc.
- Tree census survey to be conducted using ETS and DGPS survey, data capturing in digital format with mobile held devices.
- Monitor and Control tree cutting requests and improve the tree cover area
- Tree census survey
- Develop Android based mobile application and Hexagon based web application for the management of processes of Tree Authority of PCMC
- Satellite image based change detection system to detect the increase or decrease in tree count/tree cover in the city
- Build the capacity building by training the deptt on COTS and application development.
- Operation, Maintenance and Management of GIS platform, mobile and web application
- Enables strategic decision based on the composition, condition, and distribution of trees in the municipality.
- Educating the citizens about the importance of their trees by making communities cleaner, healthier and create better places to live and work.
- Quantifying the benefits provided by trees in terms of environmental services and property values.
- Tracking the changes that have occurred in the urban landscape over the past decade, as well as estimating future needs and overall trends.
- CV Jayaram
- Sachin Khandagle